Buddycloud enabled domains
From buddycloud wiki
The following domains are running the buddycloud server. Please add your server when it's operational
|buddycloud.org||https://beta.buddycloud.org||open (just for testing reasons)||http://buddycloud.com/cms/content/contact||Germany||No||No||User data is not resold.||This is our test server. Please don't rely on it for your social network experience. It will go up and down. And be regularly rebuilt. Really.|
|imaginator.com||https://imaginator.com||closed||xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany||Yes||Yes||User data is not resold||a small test server for federation testing and private use. Registration will shortly be enabled on this domain.|
|lobstermonster.com||closed||xmpp:email@example.com||France||No||No||User data is not resold||The original buddycloud server written in Java|
|spaceboyz.net||closed||xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany||No||No||User data is not resold||Testbed for buddycloud-server development|
|highfellow.org||https://buddycloud.highfellow.org||closed||xmpp:email@example.com||United Kingdom / USA / Texas||Yes||Yes||User data is not resold or willingly given to a third party.||Small server mainly for testing and friends' use. See http://highfellow.org/buddycloud:start|
|wyrddreams.org||https://wyrddreams.org||closed||xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org||United Kingdom||Yes||Yes||User data is not resold or willingly given to a third party.||Small private server for family and friends.|
|pouet.im||https://pouet.im||closed||xmpp:email@example.com||France||Yes||Yes||User data is not resold or willingly given to a third party.||Small private server for testing and friends.|
|bc.surevine.net||https://bc.surevine.net||open (just for testing reasons)||http://www.surevine.com||UK||Yes||Yes||User data is not resold or shared.||This is our test/development server.|
- ↑ Domain: what domain do user accounts live under? Usually accounts are firstname.lastname@example.org. Some other domains run things as a subdomain like email@example.com.
- ↑ Registration: can new users sign up for a new buddycloud account?
- ↑ Jurisdiction rerers to what laws must be followed for posting content and what laws you, as a server operator follow for hosting content.
- ↑ hashed password storage: hashing is what turns your password "tellnoone" into "3b51e0d04530b1f7d10da05e38415bdd". Why is this important? When a server is hacked or when you can't trust your administrator, it's good to know that they cannot read your password. The Prosody project has excellent documentation on hashed passwords and the risks of not hashing.
- ↑ SSL/TLS only access: Your buddycloud server should not permit cleartext access. Supporting both cleartext and SSL is generally a bad idea: some clients will fallback to non-SSL access and then compromise the users password to anyone sniffing the connection.